Experiencing Drain Blockages and Don't Know What to Do?
Are you having trouble with stubborn drain blockages that won’t budge, even after using the usual baking soda and hot water solutions?
At 23 Hour Plumbing, we understand that dealing with drain blockages can be a real pain. Whether it’s a minor blocked drain or a severe blockage, our expert team is here to help you with efficient solutions for clearing blocked drains.
Drain blockage can disrupt your daily routine and lead to more serious plumbing issues if left unattended. That’s where we come in. With years of experience tackling the toughest plumbing challenges, we have the expertise to address all types of drain blockages, whether indoor or outdoor drains. Our professional technicians utilise advanced techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose and clear blocked drains quickly and efficiently.
Say goodbye to the frustration of clogged drains. Trust 23 Hour Plumbing to provide reliable and effective solutions for even the most severe blockages. Your plumbing system deserves the best care, and we’re here to deliver it – anytime you need us.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
Clogged drains are a common household nuisance that can disrupt your daily routine and lead to more significant plumbing issues if ignored. Recognising the signs of a clogged drain can help you address the problem before it escalates. Here are some key indicators to watch out for:
- Slow Drainage: One of the earliest signs of a clogged drain is water taking longer to drain from sinks, showers, or tubs. If you notice standing water around the drain hole, it indicates that a clog is developing.
- Gurgling Sounds: Unusual or bubbling sounds from your drains could suggest air is trapped in the pipes due to a blockage. These sounds often occur when water tries to pass through a partially obstructed pathway.
- Foul Odours: Foul odours emanating from drains, especially in the kitchen, can indicate trapped food debris or organic material within the pipes. These odours are not only unpleasant but also a sign of potential clogging.
- Multiple Clogged Fixtures: If you’re experiencing clogs in multiple fixtures simultaneously, such as sinks, toilets, and showers, it could point to a clog deeper within the drainage system.
- Water Backing Up: Water backing up from one fixture into another or overflowing from an overflow drain indicates a severe blockage that needs immediate attention.
- Changes in Water Pressure: A sudden drop in water pressure or inconsistent flow could be due to a clogged pipe reducing the passage for water to flow freely.
- Fluctuating Toilet Water Level: If the water level in your toilet bowl or shower drain rises and falls significantly after flushing, it might be a sign of a partial blockage in the drainage system.
- Unusual Reactions to Hot Water: Pouring boiling water down a drain can sometimes help clear minor clogs; if the water doesn’t make any difference and the drain remains slow, it’s a sign of a more stubborn clog.
- Pools of Water: Pools forming around your property’s foundation or in the yard could indicate a clog caused by tree roots infiltrating your pipes.
- Past Plumbing Issues: If you’ve dealt with clogs before, particularly in older metal or ceramic pipes, there’s a higher likelihood of experiencing recurring blockages.
Ignoring these signs can lead to severe problems, such as complete blockages or pipe damage. If you suspect a clogged drain, avoid using chemical drain cleaners, which can harm PVC pipes and exacerbate the issue. Instead, consider using a drain auger or seeking professional assistance.
At 23 Hour Plumbing, we specialise in diagnosing and resolving clogged drains and other issues. Our experienced technicians have the knowledge and tools to tackle even the most challenging blockages, including those caused by tree roots or stubborn debris.
Don’t let a clogged drain disrupt your routine – contact us for expert solutions to keep your drainage system flowing smoothly.
How to Prevent and Clear a Blocked Drain
Be informed that you can do some simple yet effective things to prevent blocked drains and avoid the hassle of dealing with clogs and plumbing issues. By following these proactive steps, you can maintain a smoothly flowing drainage system and minimise the need for a professional plumber.
- Dispose of Food Waste Wisely – Avoid letting food scraps and grease go down the drain. Use a sink strainer to catch food particles and dispose of them in the trash instead. Grease can solidify in pipes, contributing to blockages.
- Use Cold Water with Hot Grease – When disposing of hot grease or oil, run cold water down the drain simultaneously. This helps prevent the grease from solidifying and sticking to the pipe walls.
- Regularly Flush with Hot Water – Run hot water down the drain after each use, especially if you’ve used the sink to wash dishes. Hot water helps dissolve grease and ensures smoother water flow.
- Be Cautious with Caustic Cleaners – Avoid using harsh chemical drain cleaners. They might temporarily clear clogs but can damage pipes over time and harm the environment.
- Use a DIY Drain Snake – Invest in a plumber’s snake or a DIY drain snake. This tool can help you clear minor clogs and debris from drains, preventing them from becoming more severe blockages.
- Educate Family Members – Teach everyone in your household about what can and cannot go down the drain. Avoid flushing non-biodegradable items, sanitary products, and other foreign objects.
- Install Sink Strainers – Place sink strainers in all your drains to catch hair, food particles, and other debris before they enter the plumbing system.
- Consider Pipe Relining – If you’ve had clogged drains, often consider professional pipe relining. This technique involves placing a new lining inside existing pipes, preventing future blockages caused by corrupted or damaged pipes.
- Maintain Hot Water Systems – If you have a water heater, ensure it’s maintained and functioning well. Sediment build-up can reduce water flow and lead to clogs.
- Be Mindful of Plant Roots – Plant trees and shrubs away from your drainage system. Tree roots can infiltrate pipes, causing severe blockages and pipe damage.
- Properly Dispose of Chemicals – Avoid pouring chemicals, paint, or other hazardous materials down the drain. These substances can harm the pipes and contribute to clogs.
- Regular Professional Inspections – Schedule regular inspections by a professional plumber. They can identify potential issues before they become major problems and provide guidance on proper maintenance.
Implementing these preventative measures can significantly reduce the chances of encountering blocked drains. Remember that a little effort now can save you from the inconvenience and expense of dealing with plumbing emergencies in the future.
Unblocking Drains Made Easy With 23 Hour Plumbing
- Prompt Emergency Service – Our round-the-clock availability ensures quick resolution of clogged drain issues, minimising disruptions to your daily routine.
- Advanced Equipment Utilisation – Our adept technicians rely on state-of-the-art tools, such as drain augers and hydro-jetting machines, for efficient and thorough blockage removal.
- Precise Inspection Techniques – Through specialised camera technology, we precisely locate clogs, enabling tailored solutions to address the specific issue.
- Effective Hydro-Jetting – Our high-pressure hydro-jetting technique tackles even the toughest clogs, effectively dislodging debris and reinstating optimal water flow.
- Expertise and Preventive Guidance – Beyond unclogging, our experienced team imparts valuable advice for avoiding future blockages, emphasising proper maintenance practices.
Interest-Free** Payment Plans
We understand that unpredictable plumbing services can throw a spanner in the works. Blocked drains always happen at an inconvenient time, particularly regarding your finances.
That’s why 23 Hour Plumbing offers interest-free** payment plans to eligible customers.
Simply choose a plan with one of our providers – Zip or Humm. Depending on your chosen method, you have the flexibility of weekly, fortnightly, or monthly instalments. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so you pay nothing upfront.
Convenient Payment Options Available
Your plumber can take you through the straightforward application process; approval usually takes only a few minutes. That way, you don’t have to delay important work. If you’re not interested in a payment plan, we also accept cash, cheque, EFTPOS, and credit card payments (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express).
Contact 23 Hour Plumbing today for reliable blocked drain solutions. Give us a call or fill out our online form, and we will get back to you.