Carbon Monoxide Testing
Carbon Monoxide is a toxic gas that is produced when material burns incompletely. This gas can be deadly to humans and is cause for concern when people aren’t aware of its potential harms. Often dubbed the silent killer due to its colourless, tasteless and odourless nature, carbon monoxide safety is something that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Any gas appliance that is not well maintained is at risk of producing more carbon monoxide than ones that are. Here at 23 Hour Plumbing we take safety seriously, which is why we offer comprehensive carbon monoxide testing. This testing works to ensure all of your appliances are in good working order and don’t pose a health risk to you and your family. We suggest testing every 2 years and on the completion of the job can provide you with a full report and record-keeping documents to ensure you are always up to date. This guarantees you always have peace of mind when managing the safety of your gas appliances.
When it comes to safety in your home and keeping your loved ones out of harm’s way, it’s hard to find a reason why not to carry out carbon monoxide testing. 23 Hour Plumbing understand that many people want this testing carried out, but can’t always find the money straight away. For this reason, we are proud to offer a range of $0 deposit, interest free payment plans that allow you to make the decision without the financial burdens. In weekly or fortnightly instalments, you can take control of the cost and manage it as you see fit. The application process is simple and is often completed in a few minutes!
23 Hour Plumbing are your local experts in carbon monoxide testing. Don’t leave it until it’s too late,
book in your test with us today!
Gas can be a silent killer.
Natural gas is now given a sulphuric odour, making it easier to trace and recognise faults, but this is not always the case, sometimes both natural gas and LPG are not traceable with an odour if faults are present in your appliances or pipes.
You need to be rest assured your gas appliances such as heaters, ovens and cook tops are all fault and leak free to ensure the safety of your family. It is recommended to have your gas appliances serviced according to manufacturer’s instructions, or at least once every two years to reduce the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. 23 Hour Plumbing can assist with all of your gas appliance maintenance needs.
If you do ever suspect a gas leak in your home, it is advised
- to turn off all gas to the property at the mains immediately
- to open all windows and doors to ventilate the area as well as you can
- do not operate any electrical appliances during this time, including light switches and fans
- Call 23 Hour Plumbing for a reliable and prompt gas leak detection service and repair
Some symptoms of Gas (Carbon monoxide) poisoning and inhalation include –
- Chest Pain
High levels of Gas inhalation (Carbon Monoxide) can cause loss of consciousness, which is how, tragically, death can occur with people unaware they are inhaling the deadly silent gas. Often happening when people are asleep and in bed. It does not take long for poisoning and loss of consciousness to occur. Don’t put your family at risk – Call us today on 1300 070 399 to book your qualified Gas Fitting plumber with 23 Hour Plumbing.
DIY with gas fitting is not something you want to risk when it comes to the health of your family, your neighbours, and of course, yourself. Leave it in the hands of one of our professional and qualified gas fitting plumbers available to you at any time – Call us today on 1300 070 399 to book in your gas fitting and repairs.
How do you know if you have a gas leak?
You might have experienced higher than normal gas bills? This is a good indication something is not right.
Some other give away signs include
- The colour of your gas pilot light – Natural gas should be burning blue, if your gas pilot light is burning a different colour to this, it may be faulty
- A strong, sulphuric smell
- A loud hissing or whistling sound may start to occur with your gas appliance
- You may start to experience headaches
All signs you need to turn off your gas to the property, start ventilating and call us at 23 Hour Plumbing on 1300 070 399 so we can ensure that your home is safe and sound and free from the risk of poisoning, or a gas explosion.
Gas’s main use is to burn, so of course the risk of gas fire in your home or business is high if you have a leaking gas pipe, cooktop or oven, or even heating. Don’t risk it – Call us today.
The devastation fire can cause to your home, business and all of your personal belongings and assets is invaluable.
All of our Gas fitting plumbers are fully qualified. We can also calibrate and certify all of our Gas fitting work. All of our plumbers and gas fitters in Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne operate within the strict Australian Standards guidelines. We can provide certificates of compliance for all of our Gas Fitting and Installation work.
Did you know if your gas fitting work is not completed by a qualified gas fitter, your warranty or insurance claims may be void? Your cost cutting by trying to DIY may result in costing you more money in the end!
So what are you waiting for? Give 23 Hour Plumbing a call today and book one of our Gas Fitter on 1300 070 399.